The main challenge we faced was the lack of visibility into the shop floor. The 'big picture' was not fully represented across the factory's manufacturing process.
Audit and compliance reporting was cumbersome requiring manual paper trails and logbooks which were prone to errors and inconsistencies. We wanted to improve operational efficiency and the utilization of resources.
With IoT we succeeded. Details of the IoT implementation include:
- Developing and setting up a 'paperless factory'
- Establishing live dashboards for real-time reporting of key metrics.
- Creating automated alarms and notifications distributed via email and mobile notifications
- Digitizing quality control templates and incorporating in the integrated system
- Making available checklists and guidance documentation to factory personnel via their mobile devices.
- Implementing predictive analytics for machine maintenance and risk avoidance.